Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Childhood dream: To sing.

As i get older, this dream tend to fade. Until I see something that reminded me of it. Like youtube videos and such. Only then I remember that i have such an aspiration. What the hell was i doing in between? Pretty much trying to please people around me by doing things I don't like to do.

Why do i even try to please people around me? Sure they notice, for awhile. And then after that, they just forget. And the best part, pleasing them through things THEY think is good. Not things i like. Do I honestly like science THAT much? No. I just happen to be good at it. (They as in parents)
Do I like sports? I'm okay with it, but not really into it. Just in it cause.... yeah.

What do i really like? I like to draw. As in really draw, not draw atoms kinda draw. I wanna learn how to dance, or play the piano. Not netball or track or some other sport. Sure, I love the sports im doing now. But if i were given a choice as a kid, would i have chosen a sport? No.

So anw, childhood dreams. I feel that they are the ones who truly reflect who you are. Not the person that your parents, your environment or the people around have shaped you to become. The dreams that you have as you get older, are the ones you THINK you should achieve. Not the ones you actually want. Honestly, how many people aspire to be an accountant simply because they like numbers? Few and far between. I bet the people who aspire to be accountants were conditioned to think that such a job would earn them loadsa moolah (which it would), and would bring them lots of happiness.

Sure, i totally agree that in this age, money can buy you happiness. Material or not. But, maybe as you get older, like for example when you're 65, all rich and high up in the career ladder, you realise theres something missing, something that you've always wanted to do, but never did.

And you'd probably never figure out what it is. That, is probably what you wanted to do as a kid.
Even if it was all stupid like making a bag out of vegetables, if it were something you really wanted to do when you were young, just it. We were all weaned out of our imagination and things we know we're good at.

If you're doing what you wanted to do as a kid, good for you. If like me, never gotten a chance to prove yourself, do it NOW.

Gonna learn how to play the guitar then maybe condition my voice to sing using the chords. HAHA! K gotta postpone though. D: Sian.

I'm prolly not making much sense here. But oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home